This authentic 8th Century fortress is situated on a promontory above the meandering river Júcar, on the Manchego-Levantinas border.
Built on the la Cumbre Cerro Pui Pinos hill top, the 12th-13th Century castle-convent was converted to the seat of the Order of Calatrava in 1179.
This renaissance castle was constructed under the order of Fernando II of León and was the seat of las Cortes in 1202.
The Hotel is located on a headland in a 9th century fortified enclosure, alongside the 2nd century Minyona tower and an 11th century church with characteristic features from the surrounding Catalan Romanesque.
The ivy-covered Hotel is perched on a sheer drop over the River Águeda valley and the castle has a keep which serves as an unbeatable observatory to look out over the Campo Charro landscapes.
The hotel occupies a beautiful castle built by the king of Navarre, Sancho Abarca, in the 10th century.
The hotel's privileged location on the Cerro de Santa Catalina adds a defensive, fortress-like character to the Jaén landscape.
The palace-castle lies sheltered in the middle of the Vera and Tiétar valley, between gorges filled with water, woods of chestnut trees and oak groves and stunningly beautiful natural landscapes that reaffirm the richness of their historical, majestic surroundings.
Part of the Hotel occupies a wing of the majestic 15th century castle, declared a National Monument, bristling with towers and battlements.